Embajada de España en Países Bajos
00 31 70 302 49 99
Age under 30 years;
Fluent command of the English language (written and spoken);
Demonstrable experience in film criticism (print or online media);
Not yet established enough to profit from facilities as attending international film festivals outside your country;
Have agreement(s) with relevant print and/or online media to publish reports on International Film Festival Rotterdam 2016.
Young and upcoming film critics from outside the Netherlands get less opportunities to explore and sharpen their knowledge and views on independent and experimental cinema. International Film Festival Rotterdam recognizes the important role of film criticism and supports journalistic talent with a trainee project for the next wave of film journalists: the IFFR Trainee Project Young Critics. International Film Festival Rotterdam is looking for participants for the 19th IFFR Trainee Project for Young Film Critics, taking place during its 46th edition (25 January - 5 February, 2017). If you are a talented young film critic interested in joining this project and you meet the criteria listed below, please send us your application before Friday 11 November, 2016. The festival includes: complimentary IFFR 2017 press accreditation, budget hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, partial refund of travel costs when traveling from outside Europe, a full schedule. IFFR wants its trainee film critics to really participate in the festival and interact with other industry professionals. The trainees will form a team, hosted by the IFFR Press Office and the festival editorial staff. You get to explore all aspects of IFFR (screenings, exhibitions, Q&A sessions, and debates) as part of the program and to cover for your own media.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION
- Age under 30 years
- Fluent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Demonstrable experience in film criticism (print or online media)
- Not yet established enough to profit from facilities as attending international film festivals outside your country
- Have agreement(s) with relevant print and/or online media to publish reports on International Film Festival Rotterdam 2016
HOW TO APPLY
Your application should include digital versions (Word, jpg or pdf) of the following documents and information:
- A motivation letter to support your application: explain why this project and the Rotterdam festival appeals to you and what you can offer the festival
- Your resume (CV) including your contact details and date of birth.
- Up to three proofs of recent work you published on (independent) film or film festivals. If not in English, provide the original articles with English translations to demonstrate your command of this language
- Information about your affiliation(s): title, name of chief editor, postal address, phone number, email account, periodicity, circulation, web address, estimated unique page views per month.
- A recommendation letter (on company letterhead) of your principal affiliation's chief editor assigning you to cover IFFR 2016 and confirming that your report will be published.
- Please send in your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 11 November 2016. You will receive notificiation on the selection Friday 2 December at the latest.
International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) offers a high quality line-up of carefully selected fiction and documentary feature films, short films and media art. The festival's focus is on recent work by talented new filmmakers. However, within the four sections the Festival presents, there is also room for retrospectives and themed programmes.
Precio medio de menú en un restaurante: Amsterdam: 15.00€ / Madrid: 10.00€
Menú BigMac (o equivalente): Amsterdam: 7.00€ / Madrid: 7.00€
Cerveza local (0.5 litro): Amsterdam: 4.50€ / Madrid: 3.00€
1 litro de leche: Amsterdam: 0.98€ / Madrid: 0.84€
12 huevos: Amsterdam: 2.47€ / Madrid: 1.62€
1 billete de bus/metro: Amsterdam: 2.90€ / Madrid: 1.50€
1 litro de gasolina: Amsterdam: 1.51€ / Madrid: 1.15€
Precio medio alquiler apartamento 1 habitación en el centro: Amsterdam: 1322.47€ / Madrid: 747.29€
Entrada de cine: Amsterdam: 11.00€ / Madrid: 9.00€
00 31 70 302 49 99