Candidates must hold a first-level academic diploma or BA degree;
Applicants must have knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate).
Domus Academy, in partnership with Siemens, are offering five (5) scholarships for the Master in Interior & Living Design programme, that take place in Italy. These awards offer a tuition fee discount that vary from 60% untill 20% off, and its application deadline is due Spetember 9, 2016.
We invite the candidates to explore the design of new spatial models for contemporary office spaces, able to enhance a smart modality of work based on knowledge sharing, mutual support and counterbalance. Aiming at reinventing the traditional working practices and the related working stations, the design proposals should be able to combine flexible spatial infrastructures and access to digital services and tools, to create a working habitat that combines individual and collective needs. What are the services that can enrich and enhance the working experience? What are the physical characteristics of a such working space? Starting from this design research framework, the candidates are asked to develop their own design proposal for a contemporary office space of about 80 sqm, the prototype of an innovative environment, where individual and shared working needs are combined to create a smart and stimulating environment.
The competition is open to young graduates coming from architecture, interior design, and engineering faculties or professionals who wish to broaden or improve their skills and acquire cultural and technical tools, and are interested in following an advanced program focusing on interior design.
Projects will be selected and evaluated by the Faculty of the Master in Interior & Living Design, Domus Academy, Silvia Petrella, Head of Communications and Government Affairs of Siemens SpA and Angela Gherardelli, Internal and External communications manager of Siemens SpA.
• Written description of the project: maximum 2000 characters with space
• Project boards: n. 2 x A3 format boards
• Portfolio and Curriculum vitae of the participant
• Statement of purpose: maximum 5 lines on an A4 page
• English language certificate (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent)
• Copy of university degree and/or academic transcripts
• Domus Academy application form*
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format.
Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants.
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €28.600 (for non-EU passport holders - matriculation fee is not included) and €16.990 (for EU passport holders - matriculation fee is not included).
The works must be delivered to Domus Academy by and no later than September 9th 2016.
Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by e-mail on September 27th 2016.
Projects in digital format must be uploaded to the following address:
or sent by e-mail to:
Paper works must be sent to:
Innovative office spaces
for smart working experiences - Competition
Master Program in Interior & Living Design
Via Darwin, 20 - 20143 Milan - Italy
Master Program Description:
Shape. Experience. Live. The Master in Interior & Living Design encourages students to consider a wide range of design practices as they learn to shape the space of interiors. Students will be inspired to overcome disciplinary boundaries, make choices that are both more sophisticated and more daring, and cultivate an attitude of continuous inquiry into the material and immaterial aspects of space. They'll learn the theory, best practices, and methodologies they need not only to solve problems creatively—but to define problems as well. As students collaborate with their international peers on company projects that re-invent the interior domain, they will come to define their own work in the context of the field. Milan is an ideal place to study interior design, with its long tradition of experimenting with and solving the design challenges of everyday life. It offers a variety of exemplary historical and contemporary interiors for you to visit and take as inspiration.
Candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2015/16 and with a knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate).
General Terms and Conditions:
• Every moral or authorship right as to the project remains property of the author.
• The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• The assigned scholarship which will not be confirmed could be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.
• Participants that will be selected accept that part of their work will be published on Websites and/or Social Media channels of the institutions involved.
Domus Academy is a living laboratory. An incubator of talents and a springboard for interdisciplinary adventures. A place where stellar careers are launched.
Precio medio de menú en un restaurante: Rome (Roma): 15.00€ / Madrid: 10.00€
Menú BigMac (o equivalente): Rome (Roma): 8.00€ / Madrid: 7.00€
Cerveza local (0.5 litro): Rome (Roma): 4.00€ / Madrid: 3.00€
1 litro de leche: Rome (Roma): 1.37€ / Madrid: 0.84€
12 huevos: Rome (Roma): 2.80€ / Madrid: 1.62€
1 billete de bus/metro: Rome (Roma): 1.50€ / Madrid: 1.50€
1 litro de gasolina: Rome (Roma): 1.42€ / Madrid: 1.15€
Precio medio alquiler apartamento 1 habitación en el centro: Rome (Roma): 951.28€ / Madrid: 747.29€
Entrada de cine: Rome (Roma): 8.00€ / Madrid: 9.00€