Currently studying language at an intermediate/advanced (or equivalent) level within their undergraduate degree;
Applicants must study full time while overseas.
The Australian National Unniversity (ANU) is offering upt to thirty (30) Ethel Tory Language Scholarship in Asian Languages for domestic and international students that are planning to study the aforementionaed area outside their home country. The scholarship involves a AUD $2.500 award that will be paid in a single instalment prior to the recipient’s travel departure. The application deadline is due to November 1, 2016.
Each year the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific may offer up to 20 awards known as the "Ethel Tory Language Scholarship". The number of scholarships awarded each year will be contingent on the Ethel Tory Endowment fund.
The objective of the award is to provide funds to cover documented travel costs for eligible students undertaking full-time language study outside Australia.
Funding for this award has been provided by the Ethel Tory Endowment fund.
Field of study
The scholarship provides a one off payment of $2500.
The recipient is responsible for making payment of all his/her tuition fees by the prescribed date as set out by the University each session. Recipients of this award are responsible for the costs of books, study materials, accommodation and all other costs of study.
The award will be available each year to a continuing ANU student who is:
- Domestic or international student; however, international students may not use the scholarship for study in their country of birth or citizenship, and;
- Currently studying language at an intermediate/advanced (or equivalent) level within their undergraduate degree as approved by the Ethel Tory Language Scholarship Committee;
- Applicants must study full time while overseas in one of the following categories: Language courses conducted off shore by ANU and approved for credit towards the student's ANU degree, or, Language courses offered by an approved international higher education provider and approved for credit towards the student's ANU degree, or, A program of study, offered by an approved international higher education provider, delivered in a foreign language and approved for credit towards the student's ANU degree;
Previous recipients of the Ethel Tory Language Scholarship are ineligible to apply
- Academic record of eligible students
- Demonstrated benefits to the student's personal and academic life
- Whether the student has been awarded any other funding, grants or scholarships for language study
- Access and equity considerations, including, if relevant, financial circumstances.
How to apply
Applications for this scholarship are available from the "Apply Now" button at the scholarship section on ANU web site.
ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra. They focus on research as an asset, and an approach to education, ensures their graduates are in demand the world-over for their abilities to understand, and apply vision and creativity to addressing complex contemporary challenges.