All applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English;
All applicants must be comfortable working in teams.
The DLGS – Dresden Leibniz Graduate School is a joint activity of the Technische Universität Dresden (TUD), and the Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development, Dresden (IÖR).
Beginning in March 2017, the DLGS announces: Doctoral Fellowships.
The DLGS offers Doctoral Fellowships at the TU Dresden for up to three years. Applications are reviewed once a year.
The seventh DLGS cohort is oriented towards making cities and regions more sustainable, resilient and inclusive. Doctoral Candidates will investigate new concepts, instruments and policies to promote social development, economic growth and environmentally sustainable urban and regional development. A detailed description of research lines and topics can be found here.
- This announcement addresses excellent graduates who hold an M.A., M.Sc. or equivalent* in Spatial Planning and Development (including City and Regional Planning and Landscape Planning), Economics, Sociology, Geography or Environmental Sciences** and have written a Master’s thesis.
- All applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English (confirmed by official certification***), and be comfortable working in teams.
- Successful applicants must take up residence in Dresden and be regularly / daily present at DLGS premises during working hours.
- Fellowship holders must comply with the regulations for a doctoral degree issued by the relevant faculties of the Technische Universität Dresden (Environmental Sciences, Business and Economis, Architecture and Arts, Humanities and Social Science) where they will be matriculated.
How to apply:
- The research proposal related to the announced research topics. The research proposal is part of the application form (max. length: 13 000 characters incl. blank spaces).
- A summary of the Master’s thesis (max. length: 3 000 characters incl. blank spaces);
- A letter of intent (i.e. a motivation letter or a personal statement) where the aspirant express their interests and presents their academic background;
- A list of any previous publications;
- Names and contacts of two referees;
- Electronic/scanned versions of original certificates in higher education (Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree).
- Evidence of English proficiency (scan of score sheet or screenshot of scores from your personal account with IELTS or TOEFL).
The Dresden Leibniz Graduate School (DLGS) is an international graduate school of spatial science, economics and social sciences in Germany. It pursues a European comparative perspective with focus on regional and local development strategies.
Precio medio de menú en un restaurante: Berlin: 8.00€ / Madrid: 10.00€
Menú BigMac (o equivalente): Berlin: 7.00€ / Madrid: 7.00€
Cerveza local (0.5 litro): Berlin: 3.00€ / Madrid: 3.00€
1 litro de leche: Berlin: 0.68€ / Madrid: 0.84€
12 huevos: Berlin: 1.76€ / Madrid: 1.62€
1 billete de bus/metro: Berlin: 2.70€ / Madrid: 1.50€
1 litro de gasolina: Berlin: 1.30€ / Madrid: 1.15€
Precio medio alquiler apartamento 1 habitación en el centro: Berlin: 681.46€ / Madrid: 747.29€
Entrada de cine: Berlin: 10.00€ / Madrid: 9.00€