Doctoral students and postdoctoral and senior scholars outside the United States.
Terra Foundation Research Travel Grants provide support for research on topics concerning American art and visual culture prior to 1980. These grants enable scholars outside the United States to consult resources that are only available within the United States. Applications are due January 15, 2017. Awards will be announced in April 2017. Nine to thirteen grants are awarded annually (up to 5 of them are specifically dedicated to scholars from Asia, Africa, and Latin America) as follows:
- Up to $6,000 per grant for doctoral students from Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand;
- Up to $7,000 per grant for doctoral students from Asia, Africa, and Latin America;
- Up to $9,000 per grant for all postdoctoral and senior scholars.
Grant funding is available for short-term travel that gives scholars:
- An opportunity to discover new source material;
- Experience works of art first-hand in museums and private collections;
- Make contact with artists, art dealers, archivists, curators, university scholars, etc.;
- Consult local archives and library collections;
- Establish professional networks for future research
Eligibility & Application Information
The foundation only accepts proposals from doctoral students and postdoctoral and senior scholars outside the United States.
- Travel should be undertaken within one calendar year after the announcement of the selection results.
- Final report must be submitted within three months of completion of travel. It should include a description of the travel undertaken as a result of the grant, an assessment of the research accomplished, and a financial report detailing grant expenditures.
- Recipients must acknowledge the support of TFAA in any publication that results from research conducted during the grant.
The Terra Foundation for American Art is dedicated to fostering exploration, understanding, and enjoyment of the visual arts of the United States for national and international audiences.
Precio medio de menú en un restaurante: Washington: 13,30€ / Madrid: 10,00€
Menú BigMac (o equivalente): Washington: 6,21€ / Madrid: 7,00€
Cerveza local (0.5 litro): Washington: 5,32€ / Madrid: 3,00€
1 litro de leche: Washington: 0,95€ / Madrid: 0,84€
12 huevos: Washington: 3,23€ / Madrid: 1,62€
1 billete de bus/metro: Washington: 2,66€ / Madrid: 1,50€
1 litro de gasolina: Washington: 0,57€ / Madrid: 1,15€
Precio medio alquiler apartamento 1 habitación en el centro: Washington: 1883,55€ / Madrid: 747,29€
Entrada de cine: Washington: 11,52€ / Madrid: 9,00€
Pregunta aquí a otros usuarios que tengan información sobre esta beca