Applicants must qualify for legal student status;
The student's admission to higher academic levels shall be handled in a manner identical to the procedures of admission for local students;
During the course of study in Taiwan, international students, who are approved for initial household registration, resident registration, naturalization or restoration of their ROC nationality, will lose their international student status and shall withdraw from school.
The National Cheng Kung University the College/Department Scholarship for postgraduate students interested in studying at this university.
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- MS RA scholarship NT$3000~ NT$6,000 per month
- PhD RA scholarship NT$6000~NT$8,000 per month
*Direct application at Advisor’s Office
The application deadline is until October 10, 2016.
1. Complete the online application form
• Applicants should register online (http://admissions.oia.ncku.edu.tw/en) first, and the form “Application for Admission of National Cheng Kung University” can be completed online.
• In case of missing information, please provide a valid contact telephone number and email address, provide a correct address for mailing notification use, as well as passport ID number and birthday for confirmation use.
• Applicants should download and print the “Declaration” form from our website; sign and upload the scanned file to complete the application.
3. The highest degree diploma verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
• Undergraduate program applicants: High school diploma (or above)
• Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree diploma (or above)
• Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree diploma (or above)
• If the diploma is not in Chinese or English, a notarized copy of a translation in English or Chinese is required; if the degree diploma is notarized from a university in Taiwan, it doesn’t have to be verified.
• For those expecting to graduate this year and are yet to obtain their diplomas, submit a copy of the student ID card showing the year of study; graduating students admitted to NCKU must submit their diploma, verified by R.O.C. overseas institutes at the time of registration, or admission will be cancelled.
4. The official transcripts by years verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
• Undergraduate program applicants: High school transcript (or above) by year
• Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree transcript (or above) by year
• Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s and Bachelor’s degree transcripts (or above) by year
• If the transcript is not in Chinese or English, a notarized copy of a translation in English or Chinese is required; transcripts from universities in Taiwan do not need verification.
Applicants may directly contact the relevant R.O.C. Embassy or Representative Office/Institutes regarding verification/authentication procedures. See MOFA website (http://www.taiwanembassy.org/) for the nearest embassy or representative office.
5. A financial statement verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
• Bank deposit statement of at least NT$150,000 (US$4,935) or more must be provided, showing sufficient financial support for the applicant’s entire stay during the time of study.
• Financial statements from banks or institutes in Taiwan do not require verification.
• Scholarship recipients may submit proof of award in lieu of a financial statement.
• If the financial statement is not in the name of the applicant, a declaration with signature from the sponsor must be included, stating the relationshipwith the applicant and guaranteeing responsibility for all of applicant's expenses in Taiwan.( Download declaration format )
6. Two recommendation letters
• Applicants should register online and also provide the recommender’s contact information. The recommender will receive an email through the application system (http://admissions.oia.ncku.edu.tw/en) and then go through the recommendation process online by the following methods:
i. Fill out the recommendation letter online by the recommender
ii. Upload the recommendation letter online by the recommender
• Recommenders may use a private letter format, or use the format downloaded from our website.
7. Identity card and(/or) passport, the ROC alien resident certificate (if available), and the Certificate of the R.O.C. Non-Household Registration, or other credentials ( if applicable)
• Please upload the scanned document(s) of national identity card and(/or) the passport with the personal information page mentioned in the application form.
• Applicants who are qualified pursuant to Section II, Article Two of the Ministry of Education’s “Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan” will need to submit the aforementioned documents. For more details, please contact the Office of International Affairs, NCKU.
8. Study plan
• All applicants are required to submit a study plan which contains details regarding his or her education background, research interest, motivations for further study, etc.
9. English(/Chinese) autobiography
• Applicants should follow the departmental requirements of each department to provide a Chinese or English autobiography.
10. Academic thesis or relevant publications (for Ph.D. program applicants)
• Applicants for Ph.D. programs should submit a copy of their Master’s thesis or relevant academic publications.
11. Additional requirements by the intended department/institute (if applicable)
Detailed information regarding additional admission requirements of different departments/institutes can be obtained from “Admission Requirements of Departments/ Institutes”. e.g. Chinese autobiography, document proof of work experience, proof of Chinese/English language proficiency.
• Please note that some departments/institutes require additional oral or written exams
• The Cross-Reference of English Proficiency: Cross-Reference.pdf
• The GRE Code for NCKU is :3697?the TOEFL Code or NCKU is 2450 .
• The Cross-Reference of Chinese Proficiency: Chinese%20proficiency.pdf
National Cheng Kung University (NCKU; Chinese: ??????; pinyin: Guólì Chénggong Dàxué)[note 1] is a research-led comprehensive university in Tainan, Taiwan.
Precio medio de menú en un restaurante: Taipei: 3,39€ / Madrid: 10,00€
Menú BigMac (o equivalente): Taipei: 3,39€ / Madrid: 7,00€
Cerveza local (0.5 litro): Taipei: 1,27€ / Madrid: 3,00€
1 litro de leche: Taipei: 2,39€ / Madrid: 0,84€
12 huevos: Taipei: 1,82€ / Madrid: 1,62€
1 billete de bus/metro: Taipei: 0,57€ / Madrid: 1,50€
1 litro de gasolina: Taipei: 0,72€ / Madrid: 1,15€
Precio medio alquiler apartamento 1 habitación en el centro: Taipei: 487,99€ / Madrid: 747,29€
Entrada de cine: Taipei: 8,49€ / Madrid: 9,00€
Pregunta aquí a otros usuarios que tengan información sobre esta beca