Applicants must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture;
Applicants must have a minimum of 6 years of professional experience in landscape architecture;
Applicants must be able to communicate in written and spoken English at an advanced/professional level and provide evidence of proficiency;
Applicants must be able to dedicate time to the fellowship and proposed project;
Current LAF staff and members of the LAF Board of Directors are not eligible;
Teams may apply for the Fellowship, provided that the Team Lead meets the above requirements.
The LAF Fellowship for Innovation and Leadership was established by the Landscape Architecture Foundation to foster transformational leadership capacity and innovation to advance the field of landscape architecture. The $25,000 fellowship is an opportunity for mid-career or senior-level professionals to dedicate the equivalent of 3 months’ time over the course of one year to nurture emerging ideas and to think deeply. All application materials, including reference letters, must be submitted by 11:59pm EST on December 1.
- Each selected Fellow will receive one $25,000 award*
- The award will be paid out in (3) three payments of $8,333.33 upon successful completion of each Residency. Attendance at residencies is mandatory for payment of funds. (See Fellowship Structure)
- LAF will also provide travel stipends for the Fellow to attend the three residencies.*
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture. For those with degrees from colleges/universities in the U.S. and Canada, the landscape architecture program must be LAAB- or LAAC-accredited. For those outside of the U.S. and Canada, in locations where landscape architecture is not a recognized degree, a degree in a related discipline is acceptable, provided that the applicant works as a landscape architect. (See Application Materials for required documentation.)
- Applicants must have a minimum of 6 years of professional experience in landscape architecture. This experience can include all types of practice — private, public, academic, non-profit, service, multi-disciplinary, and other.
- Applicants must be able to communicate in written and spoken English at an advanced/professional level and provide evidence of proficiency.
- Applicants must be able to dedicate time to the fellowship and proposed project. They will be required to obtain a letter of support from their employers for time-off from their regular employment.
- Current LAF staff and members of the LAF Board of Directors are not eligible. Former staff and former members of the LAF Board of Directors who meet the above requirements are eligible.
- Teams may apply for the Fellowship, provided that the Team Lead meets the above requirements. There are no restrictions on the size of the team. If selected, the team will share the $25,000 award.
LAF only accepts Fellowship applications through its online application platform, SlideRoom. An application fee of $50 (USD) must be paid through SlideRoom when the application is submitted.
The mission of the Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) is to support the preservation, improvement and enhancement of the environment. LAF invests in research and scholarships to increase our collective capacity to achieve sustainability.
Precio medio de menú en un restaurante: Washington: 13,30€ / Madrid: 10,00€
Menú BigMac (o equivalente): Washington: 6,21€ / Madrid: 7,00€
Cerveza local (0.5 litro): Washington: 5,32€ / Madrid: 3,00€
1 litro de leche: Washington: 0,95€ / Madrid: 0,84€
12 huevos: Washington: 3,23€ / Madrid: 1,62€
1 billete de bus/metro: Washington: 2,66€ / Madrid: 1,50€
1 litro de gasolina: Washington: 0,57€ / Madrid: 1,15€
Precio medio alquiler apartamento 1 habitación en el centro: Washington: 1883,55€ / Madrid: 747,29€
Entrada de cine: Washington: 11,52€ / Madrid: 9,00€
Pregunta aquí a otros usuarios que tengan información sobre esta beca