Applicants for the Scholarship must be enrolled at a university that has a Study Abroad agreement with the University of Waikato.
The University of Waikato is offering its FASS Study Abroad Fees Scholarship to international students that wish to start a undergraduate or graduate degree offered by The Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences in New Zeland. There are a totall amount of six (6) awards and each one of them is will be up to NZD $3,000, with no specific deadline.
- Applicants for the Scholarship must be enrolled at a university that has a Study Abroad agreement with the University of Waikato.
- The award is only for Study Abroad students intending to enrol in the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences at the University of Waikato.
- Provided funding is still available in the current financial year, the Scholarships will have a value of NZ$3,000 per academic year (being two semesters, or NZ$1,500 for one semester) for full-time students. Part-time students will receive a pro-rata amount.
- The Scholarship can either be credited directly to the recipient’s University of Waikato tuition fees for the relevant qualification, or paid to the recipient as a cheque upon confirmation of their enrolment at the University of Waikato.
- Payment of a recipient’s award will be processed as soon as practicable in the month after the commencement of the relevant enrolment period.
- Applications will be received and considered on an on-going basis for enrolment in an appropriate semester for as long as the Scholarships are available. There is no set closing date for this award.
- The applicant will normally apply for the Scholarship in the application round preceding the commencement of the papers for which funding is being sought.
- Scholarships are to be awarded primarily on academic merit. Grade Point Average (GPA) calculations will be based on the equivalent of the applicant’s most recent two years of full-time study, where applicable. Other criteria including involvement in sporting, cultural or community activities will also be taken into consideration.
- The Selection Panel shall include the Dean, the Associate Dean Academic, the FASS representative on the University’s Scholarships Committee, and one FASS Academic Advisor (or their nominees). In special circumstances where time does not permit full consideration by the Panel, the Dean may award a Scholarship(s) in consultation with as many member(s) of the Panel as practicable.
- All applicants will be advised via email of the result of their application.
- Recipients of this award must enrol in an approved programme of study in the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences for the appropriate semester(s) of enrolment.
- The Scholarship will have a maximum tenure of one year.
La Universidad de Waikato es una universidad en Nueva Zelanda, ubicada en la ciudad de Hamilton.
Precio medio de menú en un restaurante: Wellington: 11,15€ / Madrid: 10,00€
Menú BigMac (o equivalente): Wellington: 6,56€ / Madrid: 7,00€
Cerveza local (0.5 litro): Wellington: 5,25€ / Madrid: 3,00€
1 litro de leche: Wellington: 1,61€ / Madrid: 0,84€
12 huevos: Wellington: 2,89€ / Madrid: 1,62€
1 billete de bus/metro: Wellington: 2,30€ / Madrid: 1,50€
1 litro de gasolina: Wellington: 1,27€ / Madrid: 1,15€
Precio medio alquiler apartamento 1 habitación en el centro: Wellington: 790,89€ / Madrid: 747,29€
Entrada de cine: Wellington: 9,84€ / Madrid: 9,00€
Pregunta aquí a otros usuarios que tengan información sobre esta beca