Shoot your photo story (maximum of 5 images);
Craft a 1500-character essay telling us what winning this scholarship would mean to you;
Complete the application form.
Ever wondered what it would be like on assignment as a travel photographer? This is your chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Japan and be mentored by professional travel photographer, Richard I'Anson. From the neon lights of Tokyo to the traditions and temples of Kyoto, Japan is the perfect place for photography enthusiasts, and World Nomads gives you the chance to experience it. Applications close on December 14, 2016.
All these prizes could be yours:
- Free flights: Round-trip airfare from your country of residence to Tokyo, Japan.
- Adventure gear: Travel in comfort and style with awesome outdoor adventure gear from our friends at Kathmandu.
- 10-day all-expenses-paid trip: Go on a bespoke trip through ancient and modern Japan with a tour from World Expeditions and TourRadar.
- Travel insurance: As always, we've got your back. You'll receive travel insurance for the duration of your trip from World Nomads.
- Learn from a pro: Receive hands-on experience in everything from shot set up to technique, composition and visual storytelling under the mentorship of travel photographer and Canon Master, Richard I'Anson.
- Photography tips guidebook: Lonely Planet’s Best Ever Photography Tips written by mentor Richard I'Anson, will sharpen your skills and your pictures.
PLUS - Our lucky shortlisted applications will receive a copy too!
How to apply:
1. Shoot your photo story (maximum of 5 images). Your images must tell a story about a place you have visited. 'Place' may be anywhere; somewhere in your own community or much further away. Each of the 5 shots must have accompanying caption text (1-2 sentences) to help contextualise the shot.
2. Craft a 1500-character essay telling us what winning this scholarship would mean to you. Your written essay will have significant weighting in the judging process, so think carefully about why you should be chosen. Tell us about yourself, your passions, why you love photography, what drives you to take a better shot, where you would like to go with your photography etc. Help us form a picture in our mind of you as a person with your text.
3. Complete the application form including your personal details along with uploading your photos.
Once you apply, you will not be able to go back and edit your application, so please make sure you are completely satisfied with your essay before you hit the submit button. Each image must be 1MB or under in size. If you're image is a larger size, you will need to reduce the image size before you commence your application.
Strictly one application per person.
This is your chance to showcase your photography talents and unique perspective. The aim of the scholarship is the give the winner a foot in the door to the travel photography industry, so you’ll need to convince us that you are the best person to send.
Your photo essay should showcase your:
- Original subject and unique perspective.
- Ability to convey a compelling story.
- Excellent technique and creative composition.
- Understanding of the subject through your captions.
É um serviço de seguro de viagem on-line para viajantes independentes.
Precio medio de menú en un restaurante: Tokyo: 7,82€ / Madrid: 10,00€
Menú BigMac (o equivalente): Tokyo: 6,08€ / Madrid: 7,00€
Cerveza local (0.5 litro): Tokyo: 3,39€ / Madrid: 3,00€
1 litro de leche: Tokyo: 1,66€ / Madrid: 0,84€
12 huevos: Tokyo: 2,06€ / Madrid: 1,62€
1 billete de bus/metro: Tokyo: 1,74€ / Madrid: 1,50€
1 litro de gasolina: Tokyo: 1,08€ / Madrid: 1,15€
Precio medio alquiler apartamento 1 habitación en el centro: Tokyo: 1092,20€ / Madrid: 747,29€
Entrada de cine: Tokyo: 15,64€ / Madrid: 9,00€
Pregunta aquí a otros usuarios que tengan información sobre esta beca